ISBN & ISSN Registration
Introduction to ISBN and ISSN
ISBN and ISSN are the only identity codes established for the purpose of information control, exchange and retrieval of various media publications (i.e. newspapers, periodicals, magazines and books). They can promptly and effectively identify the place of publication, publisher, title and edition, etc. of publications by retrieval from ISBN and ISSN.
- ISBN ( International Standard Book Number ) is the International Standard Book Number of non-scheduled publications
- ISSN ( International Standard Serial Number ) is the International Standard Serial Number of periodical publications
With the abovementioned two codes which represent the registration with ISBN or ISSN international organisation, books are deemed to reach international standards, and the background information of publications can be checked via the code at any time, to enhance readers' confidence in the publishers.
Application for ISBN
The Scope of Application of ISBN
Application for ISBN can obtain 10 serial numbers of books, applicable to books, brochures, microfilm reproductions, educative TV or films, mixed media publications, maps, or e-publications published in Hong Kong.
Documents Required in Application for ISBN
- Copy of business registration certificate of registered Hong Kong publisher, and copy of ID card or passport of applicant
- Valid Hong Kong address
- 5-7 books published shall be filed and registered with relevant governmental department
Time to Take in Application for ISBN
It takes about 7 working days
Application for ISSN
The Scope of Application of ISSN
One application for ISSN can obtain one international standard serial number of books, applicable to newspapers and magazines
Documents Required in Application for ISSN
- Copies of business registration certificate and certificate of incorporation of company
- The cover, back cover and index page of the publications to be printed
- 3-4 books published shall be filed with relevant governmental department
Time to Take in Application for ISSN
It takes about 14 working days
Should you have any enquires about ISBN & ISSN Registration, please complete the form below and we will reply to you soon.