Working Visa for Foreigners

Working Visa for Foreigners

A Chinese employer may employ a foreigner if no suitable candidate is readily available for the job in question in the industry, and such job cannot not be readily taken up by local work force in Chinese market, The accompanying relatives of the foreigner working in China (spouse, parents and children under 18 years of age) may simultaneously apply for residence permit with same length of stay as that of the employee.

Eligibility Criteria

  • Be aged 18 or above and healthy
  • Have the relevant expertise and 2 years of or above work experience
  • Have no criminal record
  • Confirm his/her employment
  • Hold a passport or any other international travel document

Note: Age and work experience of high-level talents are unrestricted

Application Procedures

  • Application for Foreigners Employment Permit Notice
  • Application for an Occupation Visa (Z Visa)
  • Application for Foreigners Work Permit and Foreigner's Residence Permits

Required Documents

  • Application Form for Employment of Foreigners
  • Work Certificate (Reference letters issued by former employers)
  • Certified highest degree level (education level) certificate or relevant certificate, certificates of professional qualifications
  • Certified Certificate of No Criminal Conviction Issued by the applicant’s place of nationality or place of long-term residency
  • Employment contract
  • Business licence or registration certificate of the employer or related organisation
  • Last year's tax certificate of the employer or related organisation
  • Health certificate, temporary residence registration in China, recent photo, passport or other international travel documents of the foreigner to be employed
  • Any other documents specified by laws and regulations

The following additional documents shall be provided for positions of general manager or deputy general manager

  • A photocopy of the articles of association
  • A photocopy of the list of the members of the board of directors

Annual Inspection of Work Permit

Foreigners Work Permit and Foreigner's Residence Permits are valid for 1 year. Visa holder shall apply for extension 30 days before expiration every year. If the visa is expired, visa holder need to re-apply for the visa.

Should you have any enquires about Working Visa for Foreigners, please complete the form below and we will reply to you soon.

Please fill in the following form, our professionals will reply to you after receiving your enquiry.
* Required field

Mr.     Miss     Ms.
Ms. Jenis Lee
+852 2666 2882
Ms. Helen Hu
+86 10 5659 1199
Ms. Helen Hu
+86 21 5389 6666
Ms. Lindy Jiang
+86 755 8828 8737
Ms. Helen Hu
+86 755 8828 8711
Ms. Jenis Lee
+65 6966 2288

Conpak Service Brochure

Conpak Service Brochure

Read More

  • Professional Qualifications

    Hong Kong Practicing CPA Firm

    Hong Kong Practicing CPA Firm

  • Certified Member

    Member of HKTDC Advisory Committees

    Member of HKTDC Advisory Committees

  • Corporate Social Responsibilities

    CSR Award

    CSR Award

  • Training and Development Achievement

    manpower developer

    Manpower Developer Award

Contact Us

Loading... loading
Loading... loading