British Virgin Islands (BVI) is a group of about 40 islands. It takes approximately 25 minutes flying time from east of Puerto Rico where situated between the Atlantic and the Caribbean. Being a member of the British Commonwealth, BVI applies a legal system based on English Common Law (its Business Company Law includes some terms in Delaware Law), which operates in concert with local acts.
Because a BVI company is not required to pay tax, nor bound to foreign exchange controls, and information for submission for filing requested by local government is minimal, many multinational companies and persons are attracted to BVI company registry. At present, BVI has become one of the most popular places globally for offshore registration.
- Provide privacy protection, without disclosing shareholders and directors
- No tax shall be declarable and payable
- Registered capital is not required, and bank accounts can be opened all over the world
- Companies can use Chinese names
- It is not required to submit audited accounts
- There shall be at least one shareholder and director over 18 years old
- There shall be a local person or company to act as agent
Standard Registered Capital
- 50,000 shares
Required Information and Time for Incorporation
- Company name in Chinese and English
- Original copy of directors and company originators' ID card or passport, or certified copy by certified public accountants, lawyers and notaries
- Original copy of proof of address of the directors for the last 3 months (such as bank statements, utilities bills, gas bills, landline phone bills, etc.) or certified copy by certified public accountants, lawyers, and notaries
- It takes about 12 working days to register a brand new company (after the particulars are fully collected and due diligence is passed)
- It takes approximately 3 working days to purchase a ready-to-use shell company (after the particulars are fully collected and due diligence is passed)
Should you have any enquires about BVI Company Incorporation, please complete the form below and we will reply to you soon.