Value Added Tax
Value added tax is a kind of turnover tax imposed on the newly-increased value; that is, the additional value of goods in various links from commodity production to circulation. All corporations and persons engaged in the sales or importation of goods, provision of processing, repairs and replacement services within the territory of the People's Republic of China are taxpayers of Value Added Tax (hereinafter referred to as "taxpayers").
Scope of Charge
- The sales of goods
- The provision of processing, repairs and replacement
- The importation of goods
Basis of Assessment
It is based on the sales amount; that is, all money received from purchasers by taxpayers selling the goods or providing the taxable services.
Value added tax payers comprise general taxpayers and small-scale taxpayers
- The VAT rate is 6%, 11%, 17% for general taxpayers
- The VAT rate is 3% for small-scale
Computation of Tax Payable
- Tax Payable by General Taxpayers=Tax Payable on Sales in Current Period － Tax Payable on Purchase in Current Period, where
- Tax Payable on Sales means the VAT computed received from the purchasers by the taxpayers selling goods or providing taxable services according to stipulated VAT rate
- Tax Payable on Purchase means the VAT paid by the taxpayers purchasing goods or accepting taxable services, which in comparison with the foregoing Tax Payable on Sales received by the sellers, is paid by the purchasers.
- Tax Payable by Small-scale Taxpayers = Tax-including Sales Amount ÷ (1＋Tax Rate）× Tax Rate
- Tax Payable by Taxpayers Exporting Goods = (Dutiable Value ＋Tariff＋Excise Tax) × Tax Rate
Intermediate Links of Taxation
- Sales link
- Processing link
- Import link
- Productive enterprises and foreign-trade enterprises empowered to manage exportation are entitled to free export and refund on their value added taxes
- Small-scale taxpayers are entitled to free export but no refunds
- Taxpayers exporting goods restricted by the Country are not entitled to free exports or refunds
- That portion of VAT exceeding 3% of actual tax burdens of the general VAT payers who sell self-produced integrated circuits (IC) and software products will be refunded promptly upon imposition
- Value added taxes on agricultural products, cereals and oils, coal gas, chemical fertilisers and others are chargeable at the VAT rate of 11%
Should you have any enquires about Value Added Tax, please complete the form below and we will reply to you soon.