Singapore Company can be divided into 3 categories as follows:
Private Limited Company
The maximum number of shareholders is 50.
The number of shareholders is 50 or more. Once approved by local governmental authorities, company can issue shares and bonds to the public to raise capital.
Singapore Branch of a Foreign Company
A foreign company can set up its branch in Singapore, with this setup involving only recording the branch instead of incorporation.
- Profits from offshore business that are not remitted in Singapore are not subject to any tax except submission of annual returns and accounts audited by local accountants every year
- If the income of an exempted private company during one year does not exceed SGD5 million, the accounts during that year are not subject to audit
- Singapore has signed investment and double-taxation protection treaties with many countries
- With no exchange control, it is easy to raise capital
- There is a stable political, economic and trading environment
- There shall be at least one director who must be a Singapore citizen holding permanent residence or with an employment visa
- Company promoters shall include one person; subsequently there can be corporate shareholders (i.e. a holding company) holding shares
- A local resident must be appointed to act as company secretary
- Local registered address is required
ired Information and Time for Incorporation
- Company name in English
- Original copy of directors and company originators' ID card or passport, or certified copy by certified public accountants, lawyers and notaries
- Original copy of proof of address of the directors for the last 3 months (such as bank statements, utilities bills, gas bills, landline phone bills, etc.) or certified copy by certified public accountants, lawyers, and notaries
- It takes about 14 working days to register a brand new company (after the particulars are fully collected and due diligence is passed)
- It takes approximately 5 working days to purchase a ready-to-use shell company (after the particulars are fully collected and due diligence is passed)
Should you have any enquires about Singapore Company Incorporation, please complete the form below and we will reply to you soon.