Hong Kong Legislative Council Passed the Tax Reduction Introduced in 2017/18 BudgetOn 25 May 2017, Hong Kong Legislative Council passed the Inland Revenue (Amendment) Bill 2017 and carried out the tax reduction introduced in 2017/18 Budget.
The tax measures include reducing salaries tax, tax under personal assessment and profits tax for the year of assessment 2016/17 by 75%, subject to a ceiling of HKD20,000 per case. The new Ordinance also gives effect to the enhanced tax measures relating to disabled dependant allowance, dependent brother/sister allowance, deduction ceiling for self-education expense and entitlement period for home loan interest deduction. In addition, the marginal tax bands of individual income tax will also be increased from HKD40,000 to HKD45,000.
Other News & Events
- A Visit to Children at Po Leung Kuk
- Awarded "Certificate for Volunteer Service" by Social Welfare Department
- Awarded "OCBC Wing Hang Valued Partner 2018 - Top Partner"
- Participating in 2018 "Skip-a-meal" Event
- Awarded "Manpower Developers" by Hong Kong Employees Retraining Board ("ERB") for the Second Time