Main Procedures of IPO
Following is preparation period
- The company decides IPO
- To convene meetings of directors and shareholders to decide IPO in Hong Kong, according to future development strategy; to select and engage major intermediaries.
- The 1st intermediary coordination meeting
- The company holds the 1st IPO meeting with underwriter, accountant, solicitor and evaluator, and cooperates with all intermediaries in concerted efforts, until IPO.
- Due diligence
- The underwriter, accountant, and solicitor, will carry out careful investigation of the business, financial condition, future prospects, major risk factors, legal issues and others, to ensure correct procedures and that nothing is omitted in content of all public documents.
- The underwriter, accountant, and solicitor, will provide professional advice to the company, to reorganize the business, structure and financial condition of the company in consideration of direction of future development, to make the company a new entity conforming to IPO rules, to attract investors.
- File making
- The underwriter, accountant, and solicitor, will write all documents necessary for all kinds of IPO, including prospectus, accountants report and legal opinion.
- Submitting Form A1
- The underwriter helps the company to submit preliminary application for IPO to the IPO Division of the Exchange.
Following is approval period
- Answering questions and submitting other IPO documents
- After Form A1 is submitted, the Hong Kong Exchange will ask questions for the company to answer, and the underwriter and all intermediaries will help in complete the task.
- The IPO Committee of the Exchange will hold court to hear whether the proposed public company is eligible for IPO, and after approval, the company and underwriter can start a series of propaganda for issuance of shares.
Following is propaganda period
- Analyst's study report
- It is generally written by an industrial analyst working for the underwriter, and the industrial analyst will prepare the report to be recommended to investors and fund managers through visits to top management of the company for understanding the business, financial and other conditions of the company, which work is completely independent of the due diligence of the underwriter, and generally prepared after submission of Form A1 and published before road show.
- Road show
- The road show recommendation organized by the underwriter for the Company is generally in two forms: lunch promotion meeting and one-on-one meeting. Generally, the underwriter will accompany the company top management to visit Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo and occidental major cities.
Following is issue period
- Accumulative tendering
- To determine a price range according to the market condition in issuing, then to invite investors to show their subscription intent in advance within the price range, and finally to determine final issue price by final subscription results.
- Placing and public offering
- The issue of shares is generally divided into two parts: placing and public offering in Hong Kong IPO. Placing is directional sales to global funds and other institutional investors; and public offering is sales to Hong Kong public.
- Pricing and IPO
- To seek a desirable equilibrium point according to accumulative subscription order results and market condition in issuing, to determine final issue price of shares. A simple and solemn IPO ceremony will be held in the Trading Hall of the Exchange, Generally on the day of IPO.
Should you have any enquires about Main Procedures of IPO, please complete the form below and we will reply to you soon.